Friday, May 20, 2011

I Love My Classes

Hey Guys!

So it turns out I'll be able to email every Wednesday, but in between those I love getting your dear elders. Yesterday and today were actually really great. I really love my classes. We've already been taught the alphabet, how to pray, how to bear our testimonies, and basic greetings, and we sing hymns in Russian now. So far only the gospel vocab has been new to me, so that's what I've been working on. As far as prior knowledge goes, there is one elder in our class who took a Russian class last semester and is really good.

We get gym time every day except P-day and Sunday and I always look forward to it. There are some really good players in our session, so the games are awesome, but there are so many people you have to wait a long time between games. I met Sister Stanford today. She is in my branch, but not my district. Elder Collinsworth is not in either, but has the same lunch and gym time. Here's a fun thing about meals (refer to map).
Above is a rough layout of the cafeteria. We were instructed the first day that the Russian Elders only sit in the highlighted section. This is basically an extension of the cafeteria that has a lower ceiling and is partially walled off by what is represented by the dotted line and is commonly referred to as "the iron curtain" so it is definitely the coolest place to sit. Anyway, I'll send more in Wednesday's email. Love you all.

To Danica: How does it sound that I'm going to get 8 full hours of sleep every night for two years? Put that in your pipe and smoke it. I'm glad v-ball is going well. Keep working hard and the coaches will notice. Love you.

Love,
Elder Topham
Старейшина Топам