Monday, January 28, 2013

The Bright Side

Hey everyone, how's it going.

I don't think I really have too much to say this week. Nothing exciting happened. We just kind of had our usual stuff that we do, some meetings with members and some less active members. We had tons of investigators lessons set up throughout the week but they all fell through except for one. And even that one, the only reason it worked out was because he was at the member's house anyway playing computer games. We worked really hard this week trying to find new investigators. We spent a lot of time contacting and tracting and the thing is that it all seemed to be pretty successful. We would get plenty of lessons set up but they just fell through every single time. Usually we would call to remind them and they would cancel for whatever reason. Sometimes they wouldn't answer our calls and just not show up at the time they agreed for. Or when we go to their house at the time we agreed on they wouldn't be home or they were home and just say, "We're too busy right now." So anyway that has been really frustrating and discouraging to be putting so much work and prayer into achieving our goal, and it never works out. I haven't been discouraged like this since last winter. At least this time I'm happier, maybe because I'm more used to it now and don't get discouraged by the language. (Although now I can understand all the rude things they say.) Also I'm glad I've got Elder J. He just keeps on going and has continued to be a hard worker. So I've been feeling good with the work we have been putting in each day, its just always disappointing to see no results.

On the bright side an inactive man who we have been visiting came to church for the first time in 2 years.

We are starting a push to use family history to try to introduce people to the church.

When I was eating a sandwich I thought I chipped my back molar. On further inspection it looks like a filling came off. It doesn't hurt so I'll wait to do anything till I get to America unless it starts to hurt.

Well that's really all I can think of. I can't think of anything else I need for my birthday. I won't be here for very long after that and then I can just get whatever I need in America.

So the deal with the mission goal. The goal is to get 100 baptisms in the year. But each district is supposed to make their own shorter time, more specific goal based on their needs. So ours is new investigators by the March transfer.

Elder Topham